UAE vs Ireland 16th Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
Cricket Highlightsz – UAE vs Ireland 16th Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
- The 16th match of the ICC World Cup was played between UAE and Ireland at Brisbane Cricket Ground on the 25th of February. Ireland decided to bowl first as they won the toss.
- UAE scored 278 runs in 50 overs with 9 wickets down. Shaiman Anwar became the top scorer as he scored 106 runs 83 runs with 10- fours and 1- six included. Amjad Ali scored 45 runs off 71 balls with 5- fours included, Amjad Jadev scored 42 runs off 35 runs with 5- fours at the strike rate of 120, and Khurram Khan scored 36 runs off 53 balls with 2- fours included.
- Shaiman Anwar and Amjad Javed shared the 7th wicket partnership and made 107 runs in 11.5 overs. With this, they set made the record-setting seventh-wicket partnership in World Cups. In addition to that, a score set the record as the highest seventh-wicket partnership for UAE in ODIs. The record was previously held by Johanne Samarasekera and Arshad Laeeq who had scored 57 runs against Pakistan at Sharjah in 1994.
- Shaiman Anwar became the first UAE player to score a century in World Cups and the second to score a century in ODIs.
- Ireland’s Paul Stirling, Alex Cusack, Max Sorensen, and Kevin O’Brien each took two wickets. George Dockrell picked up 1 wicket.
- Ireland made 279 runs in 49.2 overs with 8 wickets down. Gary Wilson became the top scorer with the score of 80 runs off 69 balls with 9- fours, Kevin O’ Brien scored 50 runs off 25 balls with 8- fours and 2- sixes at the strike rate of 200, Ed Joyce scored 37 runs off 49 balls with 3- fours included, William Porterfield scored 37 runs off 64 balls with 2- fours included, Andy Balbirnie scored 30 runs off 41 balls with 1 boundary included and Niall O’Brien scored 17 runs off 24 balls with 1- four included.
- Gary Wilson and Kevin O’Brien scored 72 runs collectively as they shared a sixth-wicket partnership. This became the highest sixth-wicket partnership for Ireland in ODIs and the country’s highest sixth-wicket stand in the World Cups.
- UAE’s Amjad Javed successfully picked up 3- wickets, Mohammad Taquir picked up 2 wickets, Mohammad Naveed picked up 2- wickets and Manjula Guruve picked up 1.
- Ireland’s 279 run chase was their fourth highest successful run- chase in ODI and fourth highest chase in World Cups.
- Gary Wilson became the Player of the match for superb 8- runs off 69 balls with 9- fours at the strike rate of 115. 94.
UAE Innings Highlights
Ireland Innings Highlights