West Indies vs England 48th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
48th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: West Indies vs. England
- The 48th match of the ICC World Cup was played between West Indies and England at Bridgetown on the 21st of April. England chose to bowl first as the team won the toss.
- West Indies scored 300 runs in 49.5 overs with all wickets down. Chris Gayle became the team’s top scorer with 58 runs off 79 balls with 10-fours and 3-sixes included. Dave Smith scored 61 runs off 106 balls with 6-fours included, Marlon Samuels scored 51 runs off 39 balls with 6-fours and 1-six included, Shivnarine Chanderpaul scored 34 runs off 39 balls with 5-fours included and Brian Lara scored 18 runs off 17 balls with 3-fours included.
- England’s Michael Vaughan successfully picked up 3-wickets for 39 runs in 10 overs, Andrew Flintoff picked up 2-wickets for 59 runs in 9.5 overs, Paul Collingwood picked up 1-wicket for 40 runs in 8 overs and Liam Plunkett picked up 1-wicket for 71 runs in 1 over.
- England scored 301 runs in 49.5 overs with 9 wickets down. Kevin Pietersen became the top scorer with a century off 91 balls with 10-fours and 1-six included. This became his 5th ODI century and second century of the tournament. Michael Vaughan scored 79 runs off 68 balls with 6-fours and 2-sixes included, Paul Nixon scored 38 runs off 39 balls with 4-fours included, Ravi Bopara scored 26 runs off 43 balls with 3-fours included and Andrew Flintoff scored 15 runs off 20 balls with 2-fours included.
- This is the first time when Kevin Pietersen’s century came in a victorious match.
- England’s 301 runs became their second-highest successful run-chase in the World Cups and second-best run chase in the ODIs.
- West Indies Dwayne Bravo picked up 2 wickets for 47 runs in 9.5 overs, Jerome Taylor picked up 2 wickets, Ramnaresh Sarwan picked up 1 wicket and Corey Collymore picked up 1 wicket as well.
- Kevin Pietersen became the Player of the match for scoring 100 runs off 91 balls with 10-fours and 1-six included.