West Indies vs Ireland 21st Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
21st Match of ICC World Cup 2007: West Indies vs Ireland
- The 21st match of ICC World Cup was played between West Indies and Ireland at Kingston on 23rd of March. Ireland chose to bat first as they won the toss. The total number of overs allotted to each team was 48.
- Ireland scored 183 runs in 48 overs with 8 wickets down. Jeremy Bray became the top scorer with 41 runs off 72 balls with 7-fours included. Johan Botha scored 28 runs off 56 balls with 1-four and 1-six included, Kyle McCallan scored an unbeaten 20 runs off 24 balls with 2-fours included, Andrew White scored 18 runs off 29 balls and Kevin O’Brien scored 17 runs off 46 balls with 1-four included.
- West Indies Chris Gayle picked up 2-wickets for 23 runs in 10 overs, Daren Powell picked up 2-wickets for 24 runs in 9 overs with 2 maiden overs included, Dwayne Bravo picked up 2-wickets for 35 runs in 7 overs with 1 maiden over included, Ian Bradshaw picked up 1-wicket and Jerome Taylor picked 1 wicket as well.
- West Indies made 190 runs in 38.1 overs with 2 wickets down. Shivnarine Chanderpaul scored 102 runs 113 balls with 10-fours and 2-sixes included. This became his 6th ODI century. Ramnaresh Sarwan scored 36 runs off 71 balls with 2-fours and 1-six included, Marlon Samuels scored 27 runs off 31 balls with 2-fours and 2-sixes included and Chris Gayle scored 18 runs off 14 balls with 3-fours included.
- Ireland’s Dave Langford-Smith and Kyle McCallan picked 1 wicket each.
- Shivnarine Chanderpaul became the Player of the Match for scoring a match-winner 102 runs off 113 balls with 10-fours and 4-sixes included.