West Indies vs New Zealand 27th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
27th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: West Indies vs New Zealand
- The 27th match of ICC World Cup was played between West Indies and New Zealand at North Sound, Antigua on 29th March. New Zealand chose to bowl first as they won the toss.
- West Indies scored 177 runs in 44.4 overs with all of the wickets down. Chris Gayle became the top scorer with 44 runs off 56 balls with 8-fours included. Brian Lara scored 37 runs off 49 runs with 1-four included, Ramnaresh Sarwan scored 19 runs off 27 balls with 2-fours included, Dwayne Bravo scored 18 runs off 30 balls, Denesh Ramdin scored 15 runs off 22 balls with 2-fours included and Lendl Simmons scored 14 runs off 26 balls with 2-fours included.
- New Zealand’s Jacob Oran picked up 3-wickets for 23 runs in 8 overs with 2 maiden overs included, Shane Bone picked up 3-wickets for 31 runs in 8.4 overs, Daniel Vettori picked up 3-wickets for 23 runs in 8 overs with 2 maidens over included and Scott Styris picked up 1 wicket.
- New Zealand scored 179 runs in 39.2 overs with 3 wickets down. Scot Styris became the team’s top scorer with 80 runs off 90 balls with 7-fours included. Stephen Fleming scored 45 runs off 66 balls with 6-fours and 1-six included, Craig McMillan, scored 33 runs off 57 balls with 3-fours included and Hamish Marshall scored 15 runs off 23 balls with 2-fours included.
- West Indies’ Daren Powell successfully picked up 2-wickets for 39 runs in 10 overs with 2 maiden over included and
- Jacob Oram became the Player of the match for picking 3 magnificent wickets for 23 runs in 8 overs with 2 maidens included.