West Indies vs Pakistan 1st Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
First Match of ICC World Cup 2007: West Indies vs Pakistan
- The first match of ICC World Cup 2007 host was played between West Indies and Pakistan at Kingston, Jamaica on the 13th of March. Pakistan chose to bowl first as they won the toss.
- West Indies scored 241 runs in 50 overs with 9 wickets down. Marlon Samuels scored 63 runs off 70 balls with 5- fours and 3- sixes included as the player became team’s top scorer. Ramnaresh Sarwan scored 49 runs off 65 balls with 9- fours included; Brian Lara scored 37 runs off 56 balls with 3- fours and 1-six included, Dwaye Smith scored 15 runs off 32 balls with 3- fours and 2-sixes included and Shivnarine Chanderpaul scored 19 runs off 63 balls with 1- four included.
- Pakistan’s Iftikhar Anjum successfully picked up 3-wickets for 44 runs in 10 overs with 3 maiden overs included, Umar Gul picked up 2 wickets for 38 runs in 9 overs with 1 maiden over included, Mohammad Hafeez picked up 2-wickets for 39 runs in 9 overs and Danish Kaneria picked up 1-wicket for 45 runs in 9 overs with 2 maiden overs included.
- Pakistan scored 187 runs for all-out in 47 overs. Shoaib Malik became the top scorer as he scored 62 rims pff 54 balls with 5- fours and 1-six included. Mohammad Yousuf scored 37 runs off 72 balls with 1-four included, Inzamani-ul-haq scored 36 runs off 65 balls with 4-fours included and Iftikhar Anjum scored 11 runs off 18 balls.
- West Indies’ Dwayne Smith picked up 3 wickets for 36 runs in 10 overs, Dwayne Bravo picked up 3 wickets for 42 runs in 9 overs, Corey Collymore picked up 1-wicket for 27 runs in 8.3 overs with 3 maiden overs included and Jerome Taylor picked up 1 wicket for 38 runs in 10 overs with 1 maiden overs included.
- With this, West Indies achieved a 54-runs victory over Pakistan.
- Dwayne Smith became the Player of the match as he showed all-rounder performance by picking up 3 wickets for 36 runs and scoring 15 runs off 32 balls.