West Indies vs South Africa 37th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
37th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: West Indies vs South Africa
- The 27th match of the ICC World Cup was played between West Indies and South Africa at St George’s, Grenada on the 19th of April. West Indies chose to bowl first as they won the toss.
- South Africa scored 356 runs in 50 overs with 4 wickets down. AB de Villiers became the top scorer with 146 runs off 130 balls with 12-fours and 4-sixes included. This became his first ODI century. Jacques Kallis scored 81 runs off 86 balls with 6-fours and 1-six included. Herschelle Gibbs scored 61 runs off 40 balls with 4-fours and 3-sixes included, Mark Boucher scored 52 runs off 23 balls with 2-fours and 5-sixes included.
- South Africa’s 356 run score was their ninth-highest score in the World Cups, their fifth-highest ever score in ODIs and highest ever total against West Indies in the ODIs.
- Mark Boucher’s 50 runs off 22 balls became the fastest ever a half-century in the World Cups.
- West Indies’ Corey Collymore successfully picked up 2-wickets for 41 runs in 10 overs, Dwayne Bravo picked up 1 wicket for 69 runs in 7 overs and Chris Gayle picked up 1 wicket for 42 runs in 6 overs.
- West Indies scored 289 runs in 50 overs with 9 wickets down. Ramnaresh Sarwan scored 92 runs off 75 balls with 10-fours and 2-sixes included, Daren Powell scored 48 runs off 36 balls with 3-sixes and 2-fours included. Devon Smith scored 33 runs off 27 balls with 4-fours included, Chris Gayle scored 32 runs off 35 balls with 2-fours included, Brian Lara scored 21 runs off 26 balls with 1-four included and Ian Bradshaw scored 20 runs off 45 balls with 1-four included.
- South Africa’s Shaun Pollock successfully picked up 2-wickets for 33 runs in 8 overs, Jacques Kallis picked up 2 wickets for 36 runs in 8 overs, Graeme Smith picked up 2 wickets for 56 runs in 5 overs, Andre Nel picked up 1 wicket and Makhaya Ntini picked up 1 wicket.
- AB de Villiers became the Player of the match for scoring brilliant 146 runs off 130 balls with 12-fours and 5-sixes included.