West Indies vs Sri Lanka 30th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
30th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: West Indies v. Sri Lanka
- The 30th match of the ICC World Cup was played between Sri Lanka and West Indies at North Sound at Antigua on the 1st of April. West Indies chose to bowl first as they won the toss.
- Sri Lanka scored 303 runs in 50 overs with 5 wickets down. Sanath Jayasuriya became the top scorer with 115 runs off 101 balls with 10-fours and 4-sixes included. This became his 25th ODI century and second century of the tournament. Mahela Jayawardene scored 82 runs off 113 balls with 2-fours and 1-six included, Tillakaratne Dilshan scored 39 runs off 22 balls with 2-sixes and 2-fours included, Chamara Silva scored 23 runs off 31 balls.
- West Indies’ Daren Powell successfully picked up 2-wickets for 38 runs in 10 overs with 1 maiden over included, Ramnaresh Sarwan picked up 1 wicket for 17 runs in 3 overs, Dwayne Bravo picked up 1 wicket for 59 runs in 7 overs and Ian Bradshaw picked up 1-wicket for 67 runs in 10 overs.
- West Indies scored 190 runs for all-out in 44.3 overs with Shivnarine Chanderpaul scoring 76 runs off 110 balls with 5-sixes and 1-four included. Ramnaresh Sarwan scored 44 runs off 68 balls with 1-four and 1-six included and Dwayne Bravo scored 21 runs off 24 balls with 3-fours included.
- Sri Lanka’s Sanath Jayasuriya successfully picked up 3-wickets for 38 runs in 8.3 overs, Chaminda Vaas picked up two wickets for 19 runs in 8 overs, Lasith Malinga picked up 2 wickets for 34 runs in 5 overs and Muttiah Muralitharan picked 2 wickets as well.
- Sanath Jayasuriya became the Player of the match as he showed an all-rounder performance by picking up 3 wickets for 38 runs in 8.3 overs and scoring 115 runs off 101 balls with 10-fours and 4-sixes included.