Zimbabwe vs Ireland 5th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
5th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: Zimbabwe vs. Ireland
- The fifth match of the ICC World Cup was played between Zimbabwe and Ireland at Kingston, Jamaica on the 15th of March. Zimbabwe chose to bowl first as they won the toss.
- Ireland scored 221 runs in 50 overs with 9 wickets down. Jeremy Bray became the top scorer with 115 runs off 137 balls with 1-fours and 2-sixes included. Andrew White scored 28 runs off 48 balls with 3- fours included, Eoin Morgan scored 21 runs off 27 balls with 4- fours included, Trent Johnston scored 20 runs off 24 balls with 2- fours included and Dave Langford-Smith scored 15 runs off 17 balls with 1-four included.
- Zimbabwe’s Elton Chigumbura picked up 2 wickets for 21 runs in 6 overs with 2 maiden overs included, Gary Brent picked u 2-wickets for 40 runs in 10 overs with 1 maiden over included, Chris Mpofu picked up 2 wickets for 58 runs in 10 overs with 3 maidens over included, Sean Williams picked up 1 wicket for 21 runs in 6- overs with 1 maiden over included and Ed Rainsford picked up 1 wicket for 44 runs in 7 overs.
- Zimbabwe scored 221 runs in 50 overs. Stuart Matsikenyeri became the top scorer as he made 73 runs off 76 balls with 9- fours and 1-six included; Vusi Sibanda scored 67 runs off 84 balls with 9- fours and Brendan Taylor scored 24 runs off 40 balls with 3- fours included.
- Ireland’s Kyle McCallan successfully picked up 2-wickets for 56 runs in 9 overs with 1 maiden over included. Kevin O’Brien picked up a wicket for 8 runs in 2 overs with 1 maiden over included. Likewise, Andrew White, Trent Johnston, Andrew Botha, and Boyd Rankin each picked up 1 wicket as well.
- Jeremy Bray became the Player of the match for having an unbeaten streak of 115 runs off 137 balls with 10-fours and 2-sixes included.