ENG vs SL 1st ODI 2021 Full Highlights | England vs Sri Lanka
Cricket Highlights - England vs Sri Lanka 1st ODI 2021 Highlights
Watch the highlights of England vs Sri Lanka 1st ODI 2021 - Sri Lanka tour of England 2021 played at Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street on 29 June 2021.
Sri Lanka (Playing XI):
Kusal Perera(w/c), Pathum Nissanka, Charith Asalanka, Dasun Shanaka, Wanindu Hasaranga, Ramesh Mendis, Dhananjaya Lakshan, Chamika Karunaratne, Binura Fernando, Dushmantha Chameera, Praveen Jayawickrama
England (Playing XI):
Jonny Bairstow(w), Liam Livingstone, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan(c), Sam Billings, Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Sam Curran, David Willey, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood
- England won the toss and elected to bowl first in the first ODI of Sri Lanka tour of England 2021
- An incredible not-out knock from Joe Root before Chris Woakes 4-wickets haul for 18 runs in 10 overs including 5-maiden helped England 5-wickets victory over Sri Lanka in the opening one-day international at Chester-le-Street despite 2 half-centuries from Sri Lankan batsmen.
- Sri Lanka scored 185 runs for 10-wickets down in 42.3 overs with a top score of 73 runs off 81 balls including 7-fours from skipper Kusal Perera.
- Wanindu Hasaranga struck 54 runs off 65 balls including 6-fours and a six, Chamika Karunaratne scored 19 runs off 33 balls including a six, Dushmantha Chameera 7 runs, and Pathum Nissanka 5.
- England bowler Chris Woakes claimed 4-wickets haul for 18 runs in 10 overs including 5-maiden, David Milley took 3-wickets for 44 runs in 10 overs including a maiden, and 1 for Moeen Ali for 5 runs in 2 overs.
- England chased 189 runs for 5-wickets down in 34.5 overs with an incredible knock of 79 runs not-out off 87 runs included 4-fours from Joe Root with a strike rate of 90.80.
- Opener Jonny Bairstow blasted 43-runs off 21 balls including 6-fours and a six with a strike rate of 204.76, Moeen Ali added 28 runs off 57 balls, Liam Livingstone and Sam Curran both scored 9 runs each and Eoin Morgan 6.
- Sri Lankan bowler Dushmantha Chameera claimed 3-wickets for 50 runs in 8-overs, each one wicket for both Binura Fernando and Chamika Karunaratne.
- England secured first ODI against Sri Lanka by 5-wickets, Chris Woakes named Man of the Match for his excellent bowling figure of 18-runs for 4-wickets including 5-main in 10 overs.
Copyright - Third-Party Reference Inline linking Embedded Video from SKY SPORTS