Netherlands vs Ireland 1st ODI 2021 Highlights
Netherlands vs Ireland: 1st ODI 2021
Watch the highlights of Netherlands vs Ireland 1st ODI 2021 – Ireland tour of Netherlands 2021 played at Sportpark Maarschalkerweerd, Utrecht on 2 June 2021.
Netherlands (Playing XI):
Max ODowd, Stephan Myburgh, Ben Cooper, Pieter Seelaar(c), Scott Edwards(w), Bas de Leede, Logan van Beek, Saqib Zulfiqar, Brandon Glover, Timm van der Gugten, Fred Klaassen
Ireland (Playing XI):
Paul Stirling, William Porterfield, Andrew Balbirnie(c), Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker(w), Simi Singh, George Dockrell, Craig Young, Andy McBrine, Joshua Little, Barry McCarthy
- Netherlands record their first win in the Super League, lowest run margin victory by terms of runs in ODIs and also their first win against Ireland in ODIs since 2007.
- Timm van der Gugten and Pieter Seelaar stars as Netherlands thrilling 1-run victory over Ireland, despite a fighting knock of 69 runs off 112 balls from Paul Stirling in the 1st ODI of Ireland tour of Netherlands 2021.
- Netherlands scored 195 runs for all out in 50 overs with a top score of 49 runs off 53 balls including a four and 4-sixes with a strike rate of 92.45 from Timm van der Gugten.
- Logan van Beek scored 29 runs off 54 balls, Saqib Zulfiqar and Max O’Dowd both added 23 runs each and Bas de Leede 21.
- Craig Young and Joshua Little both claimed 3-wickets each for 34 runs and 31 runs respectively including a maiden for both, one each wicket by Andy McBrine and Simi Singh.
- Ireland scored 194 runs for 9-wickets in 50 overs with a thriller 1-run defeat, with a top score of 69 runs off 112 balls including 8-fours from Paul Stirling.
- Simi Singh scored 45 runs off 69 balls including 4-fours, Andy McBrine added 17 runs off 32 balls and George Dockrell 11.
- Captain Pieter Seelaar claimed 3-wickets haul for 27 runs including a maiden in 9 overs. Logan van Beek took 2-wickets for 44 runs including a maiden and each one wicket by Fred Klaassen, Brandon Glover, and Timm van der Gugten.
- Timm van der Gugten named Player of the Match for his batting performance of 49 runs off 53 balls including a four and 4-sixes with a strike rate of 92.45 and bowling performance of claiming one wicket for 27-runs including 3-maiden in 9 overs.