Ireland vs Zimbabwe 1st T20I 2021 Highlights
Watch the highlights of Ireland vs Zimbabwe 1st T20I 2021 - India tour of England 2021 played at Clontarf Cricket Club Ground, Dublin on Aug 27, 2021.
Cricket Highlights - Ireland vs Zimbabwe 1st T20I 2021
Watch the highlights of Ireland vs Zimbabwe 1st T20I 2021 - Zimbabwe tour of Ireland 2021 played at Clontarf Cricket Club Ground, Dublin on Aug 27, 2021.
Despite a battling effort from No. 8 batsman Simi Singh's unbroken 28, Richard Ngarava permits only two runs in the last over as Zimbabwe win by three runs and take a 1-0 lead in the first T20I.
Match Stats :
- Zimbabwe's 3-run victory was their second-slimmest in terms of runs in a T20 international, after a 2-run triumph over India in Harare in 2016.
- Zimbabwe's 117 for 7 is their second-lowest total in T20 internationals, after defending 105 against the West Indies at Port of Spain in 2010.
- In a whole 20-over game, Ireland has failed to chase down a target of less than 120 runs for the second time. In 2014, they were unable to chase down a target of 97 against the West Indies in Kingston.
- Zimbabwe's 117 was their lowest total in T20 internationals against Ireland; their previous low was 132 in Bready in 2019.
- Ireland's score of 114 was their lowest in T20 internationals; their previous low was 134 in a match at Bready in 2019.
Regis Chakabva top-scored with 47 off 28 balls, including four fours and a six, at a strike rate of 167.85, while Wellington Masakadza was 19 not out and Craig Ervine was 17.
Craig Young, Ireland's top bowler, and Simi Singh each got two wickets, with one for Shane Getkate - Barry McCarthy.
Ireland scored 114-9 in 20 overs, with Simi Singh top-scoring with an unbeaten 28 from 22 balls that included three fours and a six.
Kevin O'Brien scored 25 runs off 32 balls, including three fours, while Paul Stirling hit 24 runs off 19 balls, including five fours.
Ryan Burl, Zimbabwe's top bowler, grabbed three wickets for 22 runs in four overs, Luke Jongwe and Wellington Masakadza each took two wickets, while Richard Ngarava took one.
Regis Chakabva named Man of the Match for scoring 47 off 28 balls, including four fours and a six, at a strike rate of 167.85.
Copyright - Third-Party Reference Inline linking Embedded Video from SuperSport