Ireland vs Zimbabwe 3rd T20I 2021 Highlights
Watch the highlights of Ireland vs Zimbabwe 3rd T20I 2021 - Zimbabwe tour of Ireland 2021 played at Bready Cricket Club, Magheramason, Bready.
Cricket Highlights - Ireland vs Zimbabwe 3rd T20I 2021
Watch the highlights of Ireland vs Zimbabwe 3rd T20I 2021 - Zimbabwe tour of Ireland 2021 played at Bready Cricket Club, Magheramason, Bready on Sept 01, 2021.
Ireland beat Zimbabwe by 40 runs to take a 2-1 lead in the third T20I, aided by Paul Stirling's maiden T20I century.
Match Stats :
- Ireland's 40-run triumph was their sixth-largest victory in T20 internationals in terms of runs.
- After Kevin O'Brien, Paul Stirling became the second Irish batsman to hit a century in T20 internationals.
- Paul Stirling's unbroken 115 was Ireland's second-best T20I score after Kevin O'Brien's 124 and the highest by an Ireland batsman against Zimbabwe in T20Is, surpassing his previous unbeaten 83 at the same venue in 2019.
- Paul Stirling smashed the slowest century in T20 international cricket history with a 70-ball century, breaking Martin Guptill's previous mark of 69 balls set against South Africa in East London in 2012.
- Ireland's 178 was their highest total in T20 internationals against Zimbabwe; their previous best was 171 at the same venue in 2019.
- Zimbabwe's 138 was their third-lowest score in T20 internationals against Ireland.
- Ireland's best second-wicket partnership against Zimbabwe in T20Is was made by Paul Stirling and Andy Balbirnie, who had previously set the record with an unbroken 76-run stand at the same venue in 2019 and Ireland's sixth-highest second-wicket stand in T20Is.
- Ireland's record third-wicket partnership in T20Is was set by Paul Stirling and Shane Getkate against Zimbabwe, which was previously held by Kevin O'Brien and George Dockrell's 52-run stand in the second T20I in Dublin and Ireland's fourth-best third-wicket stand in T20Is.
Ireland scored 178-2 in 20 overs, with Paul Stirling top-scoring with 115 not out, his first T20I century.
Andy Balbirnie hit 31 from 24 balls, including three fours and a six, while Shane Getkate remained unbeaten on 19.
Ryan Burl, Zimbabwe's top bowler, and Luke Jongwe each got one wicket.
Craig Ervine top-scored with 33 off 18 balls, including 3-sixes and 2-sixes with a strike rate of 183.33, Ryan Burl 26, Dian Myers 14, and Tadiwanashe Marumani 14. Zimbabwe scored 138 for all-out in 18.2 overs.
Mark Adair, Ireland's top bowler, grabbed three wickets for 11 runs in three overs, while Josh Little, Ben White, and Shane Getkate each claimed two wickets.
Paul Stirling named Player of the Match for his dazzling batting effort in which he scored a career-best undefeated 115 runs off 75 balls, including eight sixes and eight fours and a strike rate of 153.33.
Copyright - Third-Party Reference Inline linking Embedded Video from SuperSport