Ireland vs Zimbabwe 4th T20I 2021 Highlights
Watch the highlights of Ireland vs Zimbabwe 4th T20I 2021 - Zimbabwe tour of Ireland 2021 played at Bready Cricket Club, Magheramason, Bready.
Cricket Highlights - Ireland vs Zimbabwe 4th T20I 2021
Watch the highlights of Ireland vs Zimbabwe 4th T20I 2021 - Zimbabwe tour of Ireland 2021 played at Bready Cricket Club, Magheramason, Bready on Sept 02, 2021.
An 89-run opening stand between Paul Stirling and Kevin O'Brien, as well as Andy Balbirnie's 22-ball 36 before Mark Adair's four-for, led Ireland to a record 64-run win against Zimbabwe and an insurmountable 3-1 series advantage in the fourth T20I.
- Ireland's 64-run victory was their fourth-highest in terms of runs in T20Is, and it was their largest against Zimbabwe in T20Is; their previous largest win was 40 at the same location the day before.
- Ireland's 174 was their second-highest total in T20 internationals against Zimbabwe.
- Mark Adair's 4 for 23 was the best bowling performance by an Ireland bowler against Zimbabwe in T20Is, beating his personal record of 4 for 40 at the same venue in 2019.
- The 110 was Zimbabwe's lowest total against Ireland in T20 internationals; the previous low was 117 in the first T20I at Dublin.
- Paul Stirling and Kevin O'Brien set up the record first-wicket partnership for Ireland against Zimbabwe in T20 international, previously held by the 80-run stand between William Porterfield and Kevin O'Brien at Sylhet in the 2014 World Twenty20 and Ireland's fifth-highest opening stand in T20Is.
Ireland scored 174-4 in 20 overs, with Kevin O'Brien leading the way with 47 off 39 balls, including six fours and a six.
Paul Stirling struck 39 off 33 balls with four fours, Andy Balbirnie hammered 36 off 22 balls with four fours and a six for a strike rate of 163.63, William McClintock made 15 not out, and George Dockrell scored 14 not out.
Zimbabwe bowler Wellington Masakadza claimed 2-wickets and one for Richard Ngarava - Luke Jongwe.
Craig Ervine (28), Luke Jongwe (24 not out), and Regis Chakabva (11) all contributed to Zimbabwe's 110 -9 in 20 overs.
Mark Adair (4-23), Shane Getkate (2-wickets), Simi Singh (1-wicket), Craig Young (1-wicket), and Barry McCarthy (1-wicket) were the top bowlers for Ireland.
Mark Adair was named Player of the Match after delivering a career-best 4-wicket haul for 23 runs in four overs.