PNG vs USA 1st ODI 2021 Highlights
Watch the highlights of PNG vs USA 1st ODI 2021 - United States v Papua New Guinea in Oman 2021 played at Al Amerat Cricket Ground (Ministry Turf 2).
Cricket Highlights - PNG vs USA 1st ODI 2021
Watch the highlights of PNG vs USA 1st ODI 2021 - United States v Papua New Guinea in Oman 2021 played at Al Amerat Cricket Ground (Ministry Turf 2), Al Amerat on Sep 06, 2021.
Nosthush Kenjige and Saurabh Netravalkar combined for 5-wickets before Steven Taylor's brilliant 55-ball 82 guided USA to a comfortable seven-wicket victory against PNG and a 1-0 lead in the first ODI.
- Steven Taylor has now hit the most sixes in an innings for the United States in One-day Internationals, surpassing Elmore Hutchinson and Nisarg Patel's previous mark of four sixes each.
- The number of runs scored in Jason Kila's sixth over, which was the most productive over in one-day international cricket history, was 29.
- Steven Taylor hit 28 runs in an over (6, 6, 6, 4, 6), the most by an American batsman in one-day international cricket history.
- In the 6th over of the innings, Jason Kila went for 29 runs, the most costly over for PNG in one-day internationals.
- Steven Taylor's 82 was the joint second-best score for the United States in one-day internationals, behind Monank Patel, and the highest score by an American batsman against PNG in T20Is, surpassing Aaron Jones' 77 at Lauderhill in 2019.
- In one-day internationals, the USA's chase of 159 was their second-most successful run-chase.
- Steven Taylor and Sushant Modani put up an incredible first-wicket partnership in One-Day International history, as well as the second-highest any-wicket stand-in ODI history.
Papua New Guinea scored 158 for all-out in 44.2 overs, with Assad Vala top-scoring with 61 off 74 balls, including six fours and a six.
Gaudi Toka scored 18 and Sesu Basu scored 31 from 53 deliveries, including a boundary.
Nisarg Patel, the top bowler for the USA, grabbed 4-wickets for 30-runs in 10-overs at an economy rate of 3, Nosthush Kenjige took 3-wickets for 22-runs in 6.2-overs, including a maiden, Saurabh Netravalkar took 2-wickets and Elmore Hutchinson took one.
United States chased down 159-3 in 28.2 overs, with Steven Taylor scoring 82, Monank Patel hitting 34 off 38 balls, including one six and a four, and Sushant Modani scoring 24.
Papua New Guinea's bowler Damien Ravu and Charles Amini each got two wickets.
Steven Taylor named Player of the Match for his match-winning career-best 82 runs hammered off against seven sixes and seven fours at a strike rate of 149.09.