PNG vs USA 2nd ODI 2021 Highlights
Watch the highlights of PNG vs USA 2nd ODI 2021 - United States v Papua New Guinea in Oman 2021 played at Al Amerat Cricket Ground (Ministry Turf 2),
Cricket Highlights - PNG vs USA 2nd ODI 2021
Watch the highlights of PNG vs USA 2nd ODI 2021 - United States v Papua New Guinea in Oman 2021 played at Al Amerat Cricket Ground (Ministry Turf 2), Al Amerat on Sep 09, 2021.
Jaskaran Malhotra's sensational 173*, including a record-equaling six sixes in an over, and Abhishek Paradkar's debut four-for give USA a record 134-run victory against PNG, clinching the two-match series 2-0 sweep in a one-sided historic second ODI.
- After Herschelle Gibbs, Yuvraj Singh, and Kieron Pollard, Jaskaran Malhotra became the fourth player in international cricket history to knock six sixes in an over.
- The number of runs scored in Gaudi Toka's 50th over, which was the record-equaling over in One-day International cricket history, equaling South Africa's 36 runs against the Netherlands at St. Kitts in the 2007 World Cup and the joint most expensive over in ODIs, equaling Daan van Bunge's 36 runs.
- Jaskaran Malhotra smashed an unbroken 173* to set a new record for an American batsman in One-Day International cricket, surpassing Aaron Jones' 95 against the UAE in Sharjah in 2019.
- Jaskaran Malhotra's 173* was the highest score by a No. 5 batsman in One-Day International cricket history, breaking AB de Villiers' previous mark of an unbeaten 162 against West Indies in Sydney during 2015 World Cup.
- In One-Day International cricket history, Jaskaran Malhotra became the first American batsman to hit a century.
- Jaskaran Malhotra scored 36 runs in an over (6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6) – the joint highest runs scored by a batsman in an over in One-Day International cricket history, equaling Herschelle Gibbs' 36 runs against the Netherlands in the 2007 World Cup in St. Kitts.
- The United States' 134-run victory was their highest in terms of runs in One-Day International cricket history; their previous best win was 98 against the UAE at the ICCA Dubai in 2019.
- After Herschelle Gibbs, Jaskaran Malhotra became the second batter in One-Day International cricket history to knock six sixes in one over.
- Jaskaran Malhotra, Rohit Sharma, AB de Villiers, and Chris Gayle tied for the second most sixes hit in an innings in One-Day Internationals.
The USA's 271 was their second-highest score in one-day internationals, and it was their greatest total against PNG in ODIs, surpassing their previous best of 251 at Lauderhill in 2019.
In one-day internationals, PNG's 137 was their second-lowest score against the United States.
Abhishek Paradkar's 4 for 26 was the best debut bowling figure for The United States in a One-Day International, surpassing Timil Patel's 2 for 34 against the same opponent in Windhoek in 2019.
In 20 overs, the USA scored 271-9, with Jaskaran Malhotra top-scoring with 173 not out, his first ODI century, Aaron Jones 22, Nisarg Patel 20, and Steven Taylor 17.
Chad Soper, Damien Ravu, and Nosaina Pokana each got two wickets, with Charles Amini taking one.
Lega Siaka hit 30 off 29 balls, including three fours and a six, to help PNG reach 137 for all-out in 37.1 overs.
Norman Vanua hit 30 off 26 balls, including three sixes and a four, and Charles Amini hit 17 off 26 balls.
Debutant Abhishek Paradkar was named the best bowler in the USA, taking four wickets for 26 runs in nine overs, including two maidens, in his first ODI encounter.
Steven Taylor, Karima Gore, Nisarg Patel, and Jessy Singh each got one wicket. Saurabh Netravalkar grabbed two wickets.
Jaskaran Malhotra named Player of the Match for his career-best undefeated 173 runs off 124 balls, with 16 sixes and four fours, and a strike rate of 139.51.