Sri Lanka vs South Africa 2nd ODI 2021 Highlights
Watch the highlights of Sri Lanka vs South Africa 2nd ODI 2021 - South Africa tour of Sri Lanka 2021 played at R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo.
Cricket Highlights - Sri Lanka vs South Africa 2nd ODI 2021
Watch the highlights of Sri Lanka vs South Africa 2nd ODI 2021 - South Africa tour of Sri Lanka 2021 played at R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo on Sept 04, 2021.
Tabraiz Shamsi struck after the rain break again to finish with a five-for
In a rain-affected game of the second ODI, Janneman Malan's stunning century, Reeza Hendricks' half-century, and Heinrich Klaasen's assault before Tabraiz Shamsi's record, five-for helped South Africa cruised to a 67-run victory against Sri Lanka through DLS system and level the series as 1-1.
- In One-day Internationals, Tabraiz Shamsi became the first South African bowler to record a five-wicket haul on Sri Lankan territory.
- Tabraiz Shamsi's 5 for 49 was his best bowling performance in an ODI for South Africa and the fourth highest bowling figure by a South African bowler against Sri Lanka.
- Tabraiz Shamsi became the fourth South African bowler to take five wickets in one-day internationals against Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka's 197 was their second-lowest total in One-Day Internationals versus South Africa at R Premadasa Stadium.
- South Africa's 67-run victory was their sixth highest in terms of runs against Sri Lanka in One-day Internationals played on Sri Lankan premises.
- South Africa's 283 was their sixth-highest one-day international score against Sri Lanka on Sri Lankan territory.
- Janneman Malan's 121 was his third-highest score for South Africa in One-Day Internationals and he and Quinton de Kock shared the joint eighth highest score by a South African batsman against Sri Lanka in ODIs.
- Janneman Malan became the seventh South African batsman to achieve a century in One-day Internationals on Sri Lankan territory.
South Africa scored 283-6 in 47 overs (overs were reduced from 50 to 47 due to rain) with Janneman Malan top-scoring with 121 off 135 balls, his third ODI century and first century against Sri Lanka in ODIs.
Heinrich Klaasen struck 43 off 27 balls with 4-fours and a six for a strike rate of 159.25, Reeza Hendricks hit 51 off 54 balls with 5-fours, Mark Markram 21, and Rassie van der Dussen 16.
Dushmantha Chameera and Chamika Karunaratne, Sri Lanka's top bowlers, both grabbed two wickets, with one for Dhananjaya de Silva - Wanindu Hasaranga.
Sri Lanka were all out for 197 in 36.4 overs, with Charith Asalanka top-scoring with a 77 off 69 balls, including five fours and three sixes, and a strike rate of 111.59.
Chamika Karunaratne smashed 36 off 23 balls with a strike rate of 156.52, including two sixes and a four, and Dasun Shanaka hit 30 off 41 balls with two fours.
Tabraiz Shamsi got a career-best 5-wicket haul for 49 runs in 7.4 overs, while Kagiso Rabada, Wiaan Mulder, Keshav Maharaj, and George Linde each grabbed one wicket.
Janneman Malannamed named Player of the Match for scoring 121 runs off 135 balls, including 9 fours and a six.