Sri Lanka vs South Africa 2nd T20I 2021 Highlights
Watch the highlights of Sri Lanka vs South Africa 2nd T20I 2021 - South Africa tour of Sri Lanka 2021 played at R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
Cricket Highlights - Sri Lanka vs South Africa 2nd T20I 2021
Watch the highlights of Sri Lanka vs South Africa 2nd T20I 2021 - South Africa tour of Sri Lanka 2021 played at R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo on Sept 12, 2021.
Tabraiz Shamsi and Aiden Markram both had three-wicket hauls before the match. Quinton de Kock's unbroken half-century propels South Africa to a series-clinching nine-wicket victory against Sri Lanka, giving them an unassailable 2-0 lead in the second T20I.
- South Africa's 9-wicket triumph was their joint second-largest victory in T20Is in terms of wickets left; it was their fourth win by nine wickets and the first time they had defeated Sri Lanka by nine wickets.
- Sri Lanka's 103 was their joint-lowest score against South Africa in a T20 international, together with their 103 for 9 at the same venue in 2013, and it was also their joint third-lowest total at home in T20Is.
- South Africa's 104-run chase was their fourth-lowest successful run-chase in T20Is, and it was their lowest against Sri Lanka in T20Is.
- Quinton de Kock and Reeza Hendricks put on the second-highest first-wicket partnership in T20 internationals for South Africa against Sri Lanka, with 62 runs.
- Sri Lanka lost their final seven wickets for 32 runs, the joint fourth worst seven-wicket collapse in T20I history, and the worst seven-wicket collapse against South Africa in T20I history. They went from a three-run lead to an all-out score of 103.
- The previous worst collapse was seven for 42 runs in a World Twenty20 match against South Africa in Delhi in 2016.
Sri Lanka were all out for 103 in 18.1 overs, with Kusal Perera top-scoring with 30 off 25 balls, hitting two fours and a six.
Bhanuka Rajapaksa hit 20 off 13 balls, including three fours and a six, for a strike rate of 153.84, while Charith Asalanka hit 14 off 14 balls.
Aiden Markram, named South Africa's best bowler by Tabraiz Shamsi (3-20), took three wickets for 21 runs in four overs, including a maiden.
Bjorn Fortuin got two wickets and one for Keshav Maharaj, Anrich Nortje
South Africa chased down 105-1 in 14.1 overs, with Quinton de Kock leading the way with an unbeaten 58 off 48 balls, including seven fours, Aiden Markram 21 not out, and Reeza Hendricks 18.
Wanindu Hasaranga, Sri Lanka's finest bowler, grabbed one wicket for 22 runs in four overs.
Tabraiz Shamsi named Player of the Match for his outstanding spin bowling effort, which included three wickets for 20 runs in four overs.