Cricket Highlights - India vs West Indies 2nd ODI 2022
Watch the highlights of India vs West Indies 2nd ODI 2022 - West Indies tour of India 2022 played at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad on Feb 09, 2022.
Match: IND vs WI 2nd ODI - West Indies tour of India 2022
Date: Wednesday, February 09, 2022
Toss: West Indies won the toss and opt to bowl
Venue: Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad
India (Playing XI):
Rohit Sharma(c), KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Rishabh Pant(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Deepak Hooda, Washington Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal, Prasidh Krishna
West Indies (Playing XI):
Shai Hope(w), Brandon King, Darren Bravo, Shamarh Brooks, Nicholas Pooran(c), Jason Holder, Odean Smith, Akeal Hosein, Fabian Allen, Alzarri Joseph, Kemar Roach
Virat Kohli and Rishabh Pant share some glove-love © BCCI
India won the second One-Day International (ODI) by 44 runs in Ahmedabad to take a 2-0 lead in the three-match series. Suryakumar Yadav's excellent half-century and KL Rahul's crucial 49 before Prasidh Krishna's excellent economical session of 4 for 12 , Rohit Sharma has won his first 50-over series as India's permanent captain.
During the second ODI of the series in Ahmedabad, India fast bowler Prasidh Krishna ripped through the West Indies top and middle order. The hosts scored 237/9 in 50 overs after batting first, and the West Indies got off to a good start with openers Shai Hope and Brandon King putting up 32 runs for the first wicket.
Suryakumar Yadav, who top scored with 64 off 83 balls and five fours, led India to 237-9 in 50 overs.
KL Rahul 49 from 48 balls - one run short of his half-century - including four fours and two sixes, Deepak Hooda 29, Washington Sundar 24, Rishabh Pant 18, and Virat Kohli 18.
Odean Smith, the top bowler for the West Indies, and Alzarri Joseph each got two wickets, while Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein, Kemar Roach, and Fabian Allen each took one wicket.
West Indies were all out for 193 in 46 overs, with Shamarh Brooks scoring 44 from 64 balls, including two sixes and two fours.
Akeal Hosein (34 off 52 balls, including three fours), Shai Hope (27), Odean Smith (24) and Brandon King (18) all contributed to the total.
Prasidh Krishna, India's finest bowler, grabbed four wickets for 12 runs in nine overs, including three maidens; Shardul Thakur got two wickets; Deepak Hooda, Washington Sundar, Mohammed Siraj, and Yuzvendra Chahal each took one wicket.
Prasidh Krishna named Man of the match for his excellent bowling performance of excellent economical session of 4 for 12 in 9 overs including 3 maiden overs.
- India's ODI domination continued against the West Indies, as they won their 11th consecutive ODI series against them. This is the most consecutive ODI series victory against a team, along with Pakistan's 11 series wins over Zimbabwe.
- In One-day Internationals, India's 44-run victory was the sixth lowest in terms of runs versus the West Indies at their home venue.
- After Sachin Tendulkar (164), MS Dhoni (127), Mohammad Azharuddin (113), and Yuvraj Singh, Virat Kohli became the sixth Indian player to play 100 ODI matches at home (108).
- In his 35th match, Nicholas Pooran led the West Indies for the first time. In an ODI, he became the 30th player to skipper the West Indies.
- In One-day Internationals, India's 237 was their fourth lowest total in the completed innings at Narendra Modi Stadium (previously known as Gujarat Stadium, Sardar Patel Stadium).
- In One-day Internationals, West Indies' 194 was their second lowest total in the completed innings at Narendra Modi Stadium (previously known as Gujarat Stadium, Sardar Patel Stadium).