Cricket Highlights - Nepal vs PNG 1st ODI 2022
Watch the highlights of Nepal vs PNG 1st ODI 2022 - Papua New Guinea tour of Nepal 2022 played at Tribhuvan University International Cricket Ground, Kirtipur from Mar 25 2022.
Charles Amini, Asad Wala and Norman Vanua stars as PNG register their historic first ODI win against Nepal with a thrilling 6-run victory, despite Rohit Paudel's power-packed maiden century and took a lead of 1-0 in the first ODI.
- PNG's 6-run win was their smallest victory in terms of runs in One Day Internationals, their previous shortest win by 14 runs against the same opponent in Mong Kok in 2016.
- PNG's 292 was their highest score in One Day Internationals, the previous highest score being 264 against Hong Kong in Townsville in 2014.
- Nepal's 286 was their highest score in One Day Internationals, the previous highest being 255 against UAE at ICCA Dubai in 2019.
- Rohit Paudel became the second batsman from Nepal after Paras Khadka to score a century in One Day Internationals.
- Rohit Paudel became the first batsman from Nepal to score a century against PNG in One Day Internationals.
PNG scored 292-8 in 50 overs, with Charles Amini's top scorer hitting 77 off 103 balls including 6 fours and a six.
Asad Vala hit 60 off 55 balls including 11 fours, Norman Vanua hit 47 off 28 balls which included 4 fours and 3 sixes with a strike rate of 167.85.
Tony Ura scored 38 runs in 47 balls including 6 fours and Riley Hekure made 31 runs in 40 balls which included 5 fours.
Nepal's best bowler Deepender Singh Airi, Kamal Airi, Sompal Kami took two wickets each and one for Pawan Sarraf - Sandeep Lamichhane.
Nepal scored 286-8 in 50 overs, with Rohit Paudel hitting a 107-ball 126 - his maiden ODI century - with a strike rate of 117.75 including 7 fours and 4 sixes.
Arif Shaikh scored 34 runs in 64 balls including two fours, Kushal Bhurtel scored 32 runs in 28 balls, which included 6 fours at a strike rate of 114.28, Kamal Airee scored 18 not out, Sompal Kami 18 not out, Bhim Sharkey 17 And Dipendra Singh Airi scored 15 runs. ,
Norman Vanua's PNG best bowler took 3 wickets, Asad Vala, Charles Amini both took 2 wickets and one for Nosaina Pokana.
Charles Amini named the player of the match for his all-round performance, taking 2 for 52 in 9 overs, hitting a valuable 77 off 103 balls including 6 fours and a six.