Cricket Highlights - South Africa vs Bangladesh 3rd ODI 2022
Watch the highlights of South Africa vs Bangladesh 3rd ODI 2022 - Bangladesh tour of South Africa 2022 played between Bangladesh and South Africa at SuperSport Park, Centurion in 23rd March 2022.
Taskin Ahmed celebrates his five-wicket haul ©Getty Images
Taskin Ahmed's record-breaking five-wicket haul, followed by Tamim Iqbal's brilliant unbeaten 87 and Liton Das' 48, led to Bangladesh's dominant nine-wicket victory against South Africa and the historic first ODI series win on South African soil in a low-scoring third ODI.
South Africa scored a total of 154 for all out in 37 overs, with Janneman Malan being the top scorer with 39 off 56 balls including 7 fours.
Keshav Maharaj scored 28 runs in 39 balls with the help of four fours, Dwayne Pretorius 20 and David Miller 16.
Bangladesh's best bowler Taskin Ahmed took 5 for 35 in 9 overs, Shakib Al Hasan took 2 wickets and Mehdi Hasan Miraj - Shorful Islam took one wicket.
Bangladesh chased down 156-1 in 26.3 overs with Tamim Iqbal top scorer scoring an unbeaten 87 off 82 balls including 14 fours.
Liton Das scored 48 off 57 balls - which fell two runs short of his half-century -with 8 fours and Shakib Al Hasan's 18 not out.
South Africa's best bowler by Keshav Maharaj took one wicket for 36 runs in 7 overs.
Taskin Ahmed named the player of the match for his fast bowling attack taking 5 for 35 in 9 overs.
Match Stats :
- Bangladesh's 9-wicket win was their joint-highest win in terms of wickets remaining in One Day Internationals, their fourth win by nine wickets and the second time Bangladesh had defeated South Africa by nine wickets in ODIs.
- Bangladesh chased down 155, which was their lowest successful run-chase against South Africa in One Day Internationals, the previous lowest being 163 at Mirpur in 2015.
- Bangladesh registered their historic first ODI series win on South African soil.
- South Africa's 154 was their lowest score in an entire innings against Bangladesh in One Day Internationals, the previous lowest score at Mirpur in 2015 was 162 and it is their tenth worst score in ODIs at their home ground.
- Taskin Ahmed's 5 for 35 was his second best bowling performance for Bangladesh in One Day Internationals and the best bowling figures by a Bangladesh bowler in ODIs against South Africa, held by Mehdi Hasan Miraj at the same venue for 61 runs. The previous record of 4 wickets was exceeded. First ODI of this series.